We were saddened by the news that the deadly earthquake hit Sichuan Province, China on 5/12/08. We watched and followed the news on TV and heartbroke for those who died under the debris, young and old.
One news mentioned that there was a young mother who left the text message on her cellphone, which said "My dearest baby, if you could survive, remember that I love you". She was in kneel position when her cold body was found with her arms stretched out to shelter the baby, who was sound asleep under her without a scratch.
Tears in my eyes and my husband too. Sad...
One day I had an old conversation with my husband again and asked him if he is ready to adopt an orphan from China. I told him we could give this child a loving home, we can't save the whole world though, at least we can help one, a very little one. "Darling, I am ready, how about you?" "Yes" he answered. Yahoo......
That night we prayed together and asked the Lord for guidance to start our journey to an unknown child.